We’ve teamed up with award-winning South African mixologist, Owen O’Reilly, to bring you Easter-inspired cocktails… or hoptails, as we’re calling them.
Owen holds the title of South Africa Bartender of the Year 2019 after representing the country as a finalist at the global World Class competition in Glasgow with contestants from 54 other countries.
Enjoy shaking up his custom-made hoptails – we guarantee you’ll be a happy bunny.
Bunny hop punch
- 40ml Reposado 100% agave tequila
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 25ml cardamom syrup (recipe here )
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 35ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 dashes chocolate bitters (Owen used Bitter Truth from Copper Monkey)
- soda water, chilled
- large hollow chocolate egg, chilled and kept in wrapper slice fresh/dehydrated lime
- large mint sprig
Combine all the ingredients, except for the soda water, in a shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and shake for 5 – 10 seconds.
Use a sharp, slightly heated knife to cut the top off the hollow chocolate egg. Leave the egg in the wrapper. You can prepare this in advance and keep the egg chilled.
Fill your egg with fresh ice and strain the cocktail in. Top with the soda water and serve garnished with the slice of fresh/dehydrated lime and large mint sprig.