Bushveld roast potatoes
- 50g pink salt
- zest of 2 limes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds, crushed
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 2kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 60ml (¼ cup) sunflower oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) bushveld salt
For the bushveld salt, mix together all the ingredients until well combinedand place in a sterilised jar (keep the excess in the fridge for later use).
Boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry thoroughly.Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Toss the potatoes, oil and bushveld salt together and roast until crunchy on the outside and soft inside, about 40 minutes.