- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 750g butternut, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup thick cream + to serve
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper 100g feta cheese
1. Melt the butter in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
2. Add the butternut, potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until veggies are soft, 30 minutes.
3. Transfer to a food processor and blitz until fairly smooth.
4. Return the soup to the pot and add the cream, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and heat through.
5. To serve the soup, crumble the feta cheese over it.
6. Optional: Add a swirl of cream and garnish with coriander.
[Image by Cala via Unsplash]