- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 4 slices prosciutto
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 x 125g bocconcini (buffalo mozzarella balls), torn
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil, extra
Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
Wrap the tomatoes in the prosciutto and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Season and drizzle with a little oil. Roast until the prosciutto is crisp, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Serve the tomatoes with the mozzarella and basil, drizzled with the vinegar and extra oil.