Recipe and styling by Sarah Dall
Photograph by Myburgh du Plessis
Ceviche lettuce cups
- 200g sustainably sourced kingklip fillet, skin removed and cubed
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- ½ red pepper, membranes removed, seeded and finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 radishes, julienned
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 6 baby gem lettuce leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, leaves picked
Place the kingklip cubes, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl. Combine, cover and set aside for 1 hour.
In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except the lettuce and mint. Add to the fish and mix well.
Divide the ceviche among the lettuce cups, decorate with mint leaves and serve immediately.