TO DRINK: The Burgundian character of Bouchard Finlayson Sans Barrique Chardonnay is a perfect match for the chicken.
Chicken breasts stuffed with grapes and hazelnuts
- 50g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 50g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) red grapes, chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 40ml butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 chicken breasts
- baby spinach, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix the nuts, grapes, cheese, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Separate the skin from the meat of the chicken. Divide the grape mixture between the breasts and carefully stuff the mixture under the skin. Season well.
Put the breasts in a baking dish and bake until the skin is brown and crispy, about 30 minutes. Slice the breasts and serve hot on a bed of baby spinach.