Treat your guests with a delicious delight – chicken liver pâté with crispy ciabatta toast. This exquisite appetiser is a masterpiece, an ideal addition if you want to wow your loved ones when hosting.
Chicken liver pâté with ciabatta toast
- 125g butter
- 500g chicken livers, cleaned
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely grated
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 5ml (1 tsp) coarse black pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) thyme leaves
- 10ml (2 tsp) ready-made English mustard
- 180ml (¾ cup) fresh cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) brandy
- ciabatta toast, to serve
- baby tomatoes, halved, to garnish
- microherbs, to garnish (optional)
Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the livers, apple and onion over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent, and the livers firm. Season well with salt, coarse black pepper and thyme leaves.
Stir in the mustard. Transfer to a blender and blitz until smooth. Add the cream and brandy, and blitz, another 1 minute, until all of the cream has been incorporated. Pass the cream mixture through a sieve for a silky smooth pâté.
Spoon the chicken liver pâté into 8 ramekins of 125ml capacity each or use one big mould and refrigerate until set, about 6 hours. Serve with ciabatta toast alongside, and garnish with baby tomatoes and microherbs, if desired.
Made this recipe? Tag us @foodandhomesa #cookingwithFH on Instagram!