Chickpea, cucumber and mint salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- + 60ml (¼ cup) extra
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g fresh or frozen peas, cooked
- 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Mediterranean cucumbers, julienned
- 2 Mediterranean cucumbers, finely chopped
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 small handful of fresh mint
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- pea shoots, to serve
- cucumber, julienned, to serve
- lime or lemon wedges, to serve
Heat 30ml (2 tbsp) oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and fry until golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine the mushrooms, peas, chickpeas, cucumbers, lemon juice, mint, chilli and seasoning in a large bowl. Add the remaining oil and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
Spoon the salad onto a large serving platter. Add pea shoots, julienned cucumber and lime or lemon wedges.