A quick and easy recipe for everyone’s favourite Chinese fried rice.
Chinese fried rice
- 10ml (2 tsp) sunflower oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30ml (2 tbsp) peanut or sunflower oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 3 Chinese pork sausages, optional
- 250g prawns or shrimps
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g unsalted cashew nuts, optional
- 800g jasmine rice, cooked
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g bean sprouts
Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and pour in the eggs. Make a thin omelette and transfer to a plate. Once cool, chop the omelette into small pieces and set aside.
Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the ginger and chicken for 2 minutes. Add the sausages, prawns, spring onions, peas and cashew nuts. Stir-fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Add the rice and mix gently to combine.
Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, coriander, bean sprouts and omelette pieces. Cook until heated through, about 1 – 2 minutes.
Serve hot with additional soy sauce if desired.