Coconut and vanilla wraps with chocolate, banana and nuts
- Coconut and vanilla wraps
- 1 x basic wrap recipe here, using 125ml (½ cup) coconut milk instead of water
- 40g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla seeds
- 15ml (1 tbsp) flour
- 8 bananas, peeled
- 120g (1 cup) pistachio nuts, shelled and toasted
- 200g good dark chocolate, melted
- chopped coconut, to serve
Make the wraps using the basic recipe, adding the desiccated coconut and vanilla seeds to the dry ingredients, and using coconut milk instead of water. Add the extra 15ml (1 tbsp) flour. If the dough seems too sticky, add more flour. Cook wraps according to the instructions in the basic plain wraps recipe.
To assemble, roll the bananas in the coconut wraps and slice into 4cm pieces. Skewer with bamboo skewers to make sure they don’t come apart.
Sprinkle the banana skewers with pistachios and drizzle with chocolate. Serve with chopped coconut.