Recipes by Illanique van Aswegen
Coconut and lime popsicles
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- 250ml (1 cup) condensed milk
- 50g (½ cup) coconut, grated
- seeds from ½ vanilla pod
- zest of 1½ limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 60g (1 cup) coconut shavings
Heat the coconut milk, coconut cream and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
Stir in grated coconut, vanilla seeds, lime zest and juice. Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze for 1 hour.
Push wooden popsicle sticks into the centre of the moulds and freeze for at least another 3 hours or overnight.
Replace the lime with orange or lemon zest for alternative flavourings.