Crab, corn and coriander fritters with sesame dipping sauce
- 2 x 170g tins crab, drained
- 2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large egg whites
- 100ml milk
- 1 x 410g tin corn kernels, drained
- 80g cake flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for deep-frying
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 60ml (¼ cup) soy sauce
- 20ml (4 tsp) sesame oil
- 1 green chilli, seeded and sliced
- 20ml (4 tsp) sesame seeds
In a large mixing bowl, combine the crab, chilli, coriander, garlic, onion, egg, milk, corn and flour and season well.
Heat the oil in a deep saucepan. Fry spoonfuls of the crab batter until golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel and repeat until all the batter is used.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Serve the fritters hot, with lemon wedges and the sauce.
To drink: With those lovely chillies, a light sparkling wine will be the best choice, or any cold beer, drunk straight out of the bottle.