Have you got your own signature salad? What makes it signature? A signature salad is all about the way you plate it, the flavour combinations and of course, the one ingredient that brings it all together… the salad dressing.
The new Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing is a perfect combination of the fresh tropical flavour of pineapple and the sweet, crisp and slightly tart flavour of balsamic vinegar, striking the ideal balance.
Use this delicious salad as inspiration to create your own signature salad:
CHICKEN, PINEAPPLE AND BALSAMIC SALAD
- 125ml (½ cup) balsamic vinegar
- 125ml (½ cup) buttermilk
- 125ml (½ cup) Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 125ml (½ cup) flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil, to fry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh pineapple, cut into 12 rectangles
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coconut, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillis, seeded and thinly sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cashew nuts, roasted
- 250ml (1 cup) watercress + extra, to garnish
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- pinch salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) double-cream Greek yoghurt
- 5ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika, to garnish
- granadilla pulp, to garnish (optional)
For the balsamic reduction, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan placed over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered until the vinegar has thickened to a syrup-like consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
For the chicken, combine the buttermilk and 125ml (½ cup) Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing together in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs and refrigerate to marinate about 1 hour.
Remove the chicken from marinade and toss in the seasoned flour. Set aside. Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Remove from heat and season to taste.
For the salsa, combine the pineapple, onion, coconut, chilli, cashew nuts, watercress and 45ml (3 tbsp) Knorr Balsamic & Pineapple Vinaigrette Salad Dressing. Add a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
To plate, drizzle the cooled balsamic reduction in a zigzag manner over 4 serving plates. Cut the chicken breast into thin slices. Place a few slices on each plate, alternating with a few pineapple rectangles from the salsa. Spoon the remaining salsa over the chicken.
To finish, add a few dots of yoghurt on the chicken and plate. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Add two dollops of granadilla pulp, if desired. Garnish with fresh watercress.