TO DRINK: Sterhuis Chenin Blanc’s brilliant balance of fruit and acidity, backed up by its subtle yeasty backbone, will go well with the chicken.
Crispy chicken, potato and summer greens salad with spring onion pesto
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, grated
- 60ml (¼ cup) raw peanuts
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 200g green beans, blanched
- 500ml (2 cups) peas, blanched
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh chervil sprigs
For the pesto, blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
Place 15ml (1 tbsp) of the pesto under the skin of each chicken breast and season. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken and fry until cooked through, about 10 – 15 minutes on each side. Slice thinly.
Place the beans and peas in a large bowl with the remaining pesto and toss to coat.
To serve, place the bean salad on a serving platter and top with the chicken and chervil.