Crispy potato salad with roast garlic sour cream dressing
- 1kg baby potatoes, washed
- 60ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ head of garlic
- 250ml (1 cup) sour cream
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chopped chives
- 100g watercress, washed, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Boil the potatoes until al dente and set aside to cool before cutting each in half.
Heat the oil in a medium roasting dish in the preheated oven and roast the halved potatoes, turning every now and again, until crisp and golden, 30 – 45 minutes. Season.
Wrap the garlic in foil and place in the oven at the same time to roast.
For the dressing, mix the sour cream, lemon zest and juice, chives and seasoning.
When the garlic has roasted, squeeze the caramelised cloves into the dressing and stir well.
Serve the warm roast potatoes with watercress and drizzle with the dressing.