Crispy-skin tarragon chicken with cucumber and fennel salad
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter, softened
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, skin on, trimmed
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh dill sprigs
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 300g white asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways and blanched
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g Israeli cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- Parmesan, freshly grated, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Place the butter in a bowl with 15ml (1 tbsp) of the tarragon. Season and mix well to combine. Gently push the butter under the skin of the chicken, taking care not to break the skin.
Place the chicken on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, drizzle with half the oil and bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 – 25 minutes.
Place the dill, remaining tarragon, remaining oil, vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine.
Slice the chicken and arrange on plates with the asparagus, cucumber and fennel. Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan to serve.