Delicious finger food
Crumbed, baked mussels
- 3 – 4 slices sourdough loaf
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- small handful fresh coriander
- small handful fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g half-shell mussels
- tomato salsa, to serve
- fresh coriander, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Combine the bread, garlic, chilli, lemon zest, 15ml (1 tbsp) olive or avocado oil, coriander and parsley in the bowl of a food processor and season well.
Blitz to form a fairly coarse crumb mixture.
Place the washed and cleaned mussels on a baking tray and scatter with the crumb mixture.
Drizzle the mussels with the remaining oil and bake in the preheated oven until the mussels are cooked and the crumbs golden and crisp, about 12 – 15 minutes. 6 Serve warm with a spicy tomato salsa and plenty of fresh coriander.
Halve the breadcrumbs and increase the herb ratio. Mussels are low in fat so reducing the carbs makes this healthy.