Vicki Clarke and Nikki Gaskell are partners in Fresh, one of the country’s most dynamic catering companies. They also own and run the Johannesburg restaurant, Bella. Call Vicki on 082 414 9245 or Nikki on 083 741 7436.
Crunchy apple granola dessert
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 60ml (¼ cup) honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- 250g granola with raisins
- 100g halva, crumbled
- 10 pistachios, chopped, to serve
- ice cream or thick cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 150°C.
Place the apples, honey, cinnamon, butter and granola in a slow cooker and mix well. Cover and bake until soft and gooey, about 2 – 3 hours.
Top with the halva and pistachios, and serve with ice cream or cream.
To drink: Nederburg Edelkeur 2007 is a classic wine with nectarine and stewed fruit characters and hints of honey.