A delicious muffin with the perfect combination of fruit and dark chocolate. Great eaten straight from the oven.
By Illanique van Aswegen
Photograph by Adel Ferreira
Dark chocolate and litchi muffins
- 240g (2 cups) cake flour, sieved
- 15ml (1 tbsp) baking powder, sieved
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 125ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) Greek yoghurt
- 125ml (½ cup) litchi juice
- 375ml (1½ cups) litchi flesh
- 250ml (1 cup) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl until just combined.
Fill each muffin cup with the mixture up to 2/3 full. Bake until golden, about 20 – 25 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the tray and allow to cool.