Dried strawberry, haloumi and smoked chicken salad
- 20 strawberries, leaves removed and halved
- sugar, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 – 300g haloumi, cubed
- 150g baby spinach or salad leaves
- 400g smoked chicken breast, sliced
- onion sprouts, to serve
- sweet mustard salad dressing, to serve
Preheat the oven to 100°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place the halved strawberries, cut-side up, on the baking tray. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each strawberry and season lightly. Place in the oven and allow to dry for 3 hours. Allow to cool completely.
Heat a non-stick pan and fry the haloumi until golden on all sides. Keep an eye on the haloumi as it fries and melts very quickly.
Scatter the baby spinach or salad leaves on serving plates and sprinkle the fried haloumi, sliced chicken and strawberries on top. Add onion sprouts and serve with a sweet mustard dressing.