These simple little darlings look as though they wouldn’t melt in your mouth, but cut them open and you’ll find a molten core of oozing chocolate
Eat your heart out
- Soft-centred chocolate mini cakes
- 180g butter, at room temperature
- 300g good-quality dark chocolate
- 125g icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 80g cake flour, sifted
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pot and stir to combine well.
Mix the sugar and flour in a mixing bowl and fold in the eggs. Add the chocolate mixture and stir well.
Pour the batter into 6 greased ramekins, filling them up to three quarters, and bake for 7 minutes.
Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with ice cream, fresh cream or mascarpone and, if you like, puréed seasonal fruit.
The cooking time is very important in order to achieve the liquid centre.