Father’s Day Breakfast Tart Recipe
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 100g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 200g vine tomatoes
- 150g mixed wild mushrooms
- 125g ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 15ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 100g buffalo mozzarella/fior di latte, torn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- Fresh basil, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add the chorizo and vine tomatoes and fry, 5 minutes. Toss in the mushrooms and fry for a further minute.
Lightly roll out the puff pastry and cut into a 30cm x 15cm rectangle. Spread with the tomato paste (leaving a small border), then top with the chorizo, tomatoes, mushrooms and torn pieces of buffalo mozzarella or fior di latte. Season to taste and bake in the overn, 25 – 30 minutes. Crack the egg over the tart and bake until the egg is cooked through, 5 minutes. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.