Festive strawberry trifle
- 85g packet of strawberry jelly
- 380g tin Nestlé cream milk
- 380g tin Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk
- 60ml (¼ cup) custard powder
- 1 readymade small sponge cake
- 125ml (½ cup) dry sherry
- 200ml cold fresh cream
- freshly shaved dark chocolate, to serve
Follow the instructions on the packet of strawberry jelly and refrigerate until set. For the custard, boil a tin Nestlé cream milk in a pot together with a tin Nestlé Ideal Evaporated Milk, mix in custard powder and stir to combine.
Reduce the heat and stir until it starts to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Cube readymade small sponge cake and dip each cube into dry sherry. Place the soaked cake cubes in 6 serving glasses and top with spoonfuls of the jelly, then the custard and set aside.
Whip cold fresh cream and spoon on top of the custard. Sprinkle with freshly shaved dark chocolate and refrigerate until ready to serve.