Feta and aubergine meatballs
- 400g aubergines, finely chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 500g beef mince
- 80ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 80ml fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon rind, finely grated
- 200g feta, crumbled
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- ready-made tzatziki, optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the aubergines and oil on a baking tray and toss together. Roast until golden, for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
Place the aubergines, beef, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon rind, feta, salt and pepper in a bowl, and stir until well combined.
Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place the extra oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and brown for 3 – 4 minutes. Place on a baking tray and cook through, about 5 – 6 minutes. Serve with tzatziki, if desired.