- ½ quantity of basic bread dough
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Parmesan, grated
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 12 small cherry tomatoes
- 12 pitted black olives
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) crushed garlic
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) mozzarella, grated
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Brush a baking sheet or a round loose-based 24cm cake tin with olive oil.
Make your dough according to the recipe.
Layer the dough evenly on the baking sheet or in the cake tin, spreading it with your hands into a round or oblong shape. Sprinkle the dough with Parmesan.
Dip your fingertips in oil and press some distinct holes into the dough. Press tomatoes and olives into the holes.
Generously sprinkle with olive oil so that some of the oil collects in the holes. Set aside in a warm place and allow to rise for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle red onion, garlic, rosemary, mozzarella, salt and black pepper over the focaccia.
Bake in the oven until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.