Serve this on a large platter on the table. It’s a great do-ahead starter – simply add the dressing just before serving.
TO DRINK: Villiera Tradition Brut Rosé is a delicious MCC that shows off a soft perfumed nose backed up by an elegant mouth feel that will be enhanced by the fig and Parma ham flavours.
Fresh fig, Parma ham, rocket and mozzarella salad with lemon dressing
- 12 fresh black figs
- 12 slices buffalo mozzarella
- 12 slices San Danielle or Parma ham
- 125ml (½ cup) sunflower oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 80ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10ml (2 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 15ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 150g fresh rocket
Make a crossways cut into the figs keeping the base intact. Pop a slice of mozzarella into the gap and wrap each fig in ham. Chill until needed.
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients. The dressing should be lemony rather than vinegary, so taste and adjust if needed.
Just before serving, place the figs on a serving platter and top with the rocket. Drizzle with dressing and serve.