- 1L (4 cups) orange juice
- 660ml (2 bottles) dark craft beer (we used Striped Horse Lager)
- 3 cloves + extra, to garnish
- 2 star anise + extra, to garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick + extra, to garnish
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- orange slices, to garnish (optional)
Add the orange juice, dark craft beer, cloves, star anise, cinnamon and sugar to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it rest for the spices to infuse, a further 10 minutes.
To serve, garnish with the extra cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks. Add orange slices, if desired.
To add extra sweetness, use 5ml (1 tsp) honey per serving. For another flavour variation, replace the star anise with ginger, and the cloves with cardamom.