Goat’s cheese, pistachio and savoury crumble pots are delicious and elegant little appetisers. Full of crispy golden crumbs and earthy creaminess, they’re perfect for entertaining. These are great to use as little dippers alongside chicken or grilled meats and veg.
Goat’s cheese, pistachio and savoury crumble pots
- 6 slices ciabatta
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 200g goat’s cheese logs
- 150g shelled pistachios, finely chopped + 15ml (1 tbsp) extra
- ciabatta, thinly sliced and toasted, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Tear the ciabatta slices into small bite-size pieces and place on a baking tray. Add the sliced garlic, 5ml (1 tsp) of the fresh thyme, the rosemary and 15ml (1 tbsp) of the olive oil, and season well.
Bake the ciabatta until golden and crisp, about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Combine the cheese, remaining herbs and olive oil, pistachios and seasoning, and mix well.
Spoon the herbed cheese into individual serving pots and scatter with toasted crumbs and remaining pistachios. Serve with toasted ciabatta.