We love the look of these funky jellies. The tropical flavour combinations of the granadilla jellies with papaya salsa make it a fun and tasty treat for summer.
Granadilla jellies with papaya salsa
- 30ml (2 tbsp) gelatine powder
- 125ml (½ cup) water + 600ml extra
- 210g (1 cup) castor sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) granadilla pulp
- 1 small papaya, cubed, to serve
- a handful of fresh mint, to serve
- 3 granadillas, quartered, to serve
Place the gelatine and 125ml water in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until the gelatine is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Place the extra water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the granadilla pulp, bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the gelatine and stir to combine. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
Pour the mixture into 6 x 250ml (1 cup) glasses and refrigerate until set, about 5 hours.
Mix the papaya with fresh mint and serve with the jellies and quartered granadillas.