With a combination of unique texture and a sweet, tart flavour, the ever-popular grape has endless uses. Think wine, jams, jellies, juice, vinegar and grape oil, as well as the perfect between-meal snack, thanks to its vitamin C and K. Try this recipe to incorporate the great grape into your everyday meals.
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Grape, onion, beetroot and blue cheese salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 500g red grapes
- 500g white grapes
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 100g Gorgonzola, cut into cubes
- 3 medium beetroots, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh rocket sesame seeds, to garnish
For the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and reduce until thick, about 15 – 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
For the salad, cut 250g each of the red and white grapes in half and seed them, arrange with the whole grapes and remaining salad ingredients on plates.
Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing and sprinkled with the sesame seeds.