One of the best things about gravlax with beetroot yoghurt and Melba wafers is that you can have it at any time of the day. Although this traditional Nordic dish is typically served as an appetiser, it’s just as delicious for brunch!
Gravlax with beetroot yoghurt and Melba wafers
- 80ml ( cup) Maldon Sea Salt flakes + extra, for sprinkling
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white sugar
- zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh dill, roughly chopped + extra, to serve
- 5ml (1 tsp) coarse black pepper
- 1 side of salmon, pin-boned with skin on
- 180g (¾ cup) crème fraîche
- 210g (¾ cup) double cream Greek yoghurt
- 1 medium beetroot, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium rye bread, frozen
Combine the Maldon Sea Salt flakes, sugar, lemon zest, dill and black pepper, and sprinkle over the salmon. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cure in the fridge overnight.
Combine the crème fraîche, yoghurt, beetroot and seasoning, and set aside.
Cut the bread into paper-thin slices and dry in a cool oven until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Cut the gravlax into thin slices and serve with beetroot yoghurt and Melba wafers.