TO DRINK: Brampton Rosé 2009, a crisp, fruity wine with a hint of spice.
Grilled chicken breast with wild rice, broccoli and tomato-olive salsa
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 60ml (¼ cup) olives, pitted and diced
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- 250ml (1 cup) brown and wild rice, cooked
- 12 tender-stem broccoli, blanched
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
Season the chicken breasts and seal in a hot pan until the skin side is crispy. Transfer to an oven tray and roast in the oven until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Divide the rice, broccoli and chicken between 4 plates and finish with the salsa. Serve immediately.