This grilled pork, litchi and green salad with a soy sauce dressing, pairs perfectly with a cold Guinness.
Grilled pork, litchi and green salad with a soy sauce dressing
- 45ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) dessert wine like port or sherry
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g pork fillet
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, blanched
- 100g green beans, blanched
- 10 litchis, skin and pips removed
- 60ml (¼ cup) pecan nuts, toasted
- 45ml (3 tbsp) spring onion, thinly sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) mixed salad leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad, heat the butter and oil in a pan, add the rosemary and garlic and gently sauté for a few seconds. Add the pork and fry until cooked, about 15 minutes. Rest the meat before slicing.
Gently toss together the sliced meat, the remaining salad ingredients and a drizzle of the dressing. Season. Serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.