Hake fillet with herb and caper dressing
- 125ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml (¼ cup) capers, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- 45ml (3 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 x 100 – 150g hake fillets, skin on
- fresh red chilli, to serve
- fresh mint, to serve
For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Score the skin of the fish and season well.
Place the fish skin-side down in the pan and fry until crisp, about 2 – 3 minutes. Turn the fish and fry until it is just cooked through, another 2 minutes.
To serve, place the fish on a serving platter, spoon over the dressing and top with fresh chilli and mint.
Cook's tip: Use a linefish of your choice, bearing the SASSI green list in mind.