Honeyed macadamia, lemon, spinach and ricotta spaghettini
HONEYED MACADAMIA NUTS
- 250g macadamia nuts
- 60ml (¼ cup) runny honey
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive or avocado oil + extra, for brushing
- 400g spaghettini
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime
- small handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme leaves
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- goat’s cheese, to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the nuts and honey on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brushed with oil. Place in the preheated oven until caramelised and golden, 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove the nuts from the tray and place on a silicone mat to cool. When cooled, roughly chop the nuts and set aside.
Cook the spaghettini according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
Heat 45ml (3 tbsp) oil in a large nonstick frying pan and add pasta, tossing well. Add the chilli, lemon and lime juice and zest, fresh dill and thyme, and season well.
Toss well, add the ricotta and spinach to the pan and remove from heat. Add the honeyed macadamia nuts.
Serve with sliced goat’s cheese for extra creaminess, if desired.