You know what salad needs? Carbs. Lots and lots of carbs. That’s where this deliciously light Italian bread salad comes in.
Italian bread salad
- ½ ciabatta, torn
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 100g snow peas
- 100ml black olives, pitted and chopped
- fresh basil or rocket leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50ml red wine
- 150ml olive oil
Rub the bread with the garlic and drizzle with the oil. Fry in a hot pan until golden.
Toss the fried bread gently together with the peppers, snow peas, olives and basil or rocket.
Combine all the dressing ingredients, pour over the salad, toss and serve.
To drink: Santa Alicia Malbec 2008 (Chile), meaty and herbaceous.