Enjoy something warm this winter with this delicious goulash soup recipe. Homemade, tried and tested for you to enjoy in your home. Read on for the ingredients and method on how to make goulash soup.
Judith’s Goulash Soup
- 60g SPAR Butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g SPAR Beef Shin, cut into small pieces
- 3 Freshline Red Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Freshline Green Peppers, slices
- 100g Freshline Tomatoes
- 20g paprika
- 1 Freshline Garlic Clove, crushed
- 10ml (2 tsp) caraway seeds
- 1,5L water
- 1kg Freshline Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- handful Freshline Italian Parsley, to garnish
Melt 30g of the butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and fry until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the same pot, add the remaining butter and fry off the onions, pepper and tomatoes until the vegetables are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the beef to the pot and stir in the paprika, garlic, caraway seeds and season with salt and pepper, coating evenly. Add the water, cover and leave to the simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 ½ hours.
Add the potatoes and simmer until everything is tender, about 30 minutes. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.