A delicious and refreshing meal – lightly spiced linefish.
Lightly spiced linefish
- 100ml olive oil
- 180g filleted linefish per person
- 60g squid per person
- 60g salted butter
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 5cm ginger, peeled and julienned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) clear fish stock
- 125g pinhead mushrooms
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Heat half of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
Pan-fry the linefish until it is three quarters cooked and set aside.
Score the squid and sear in the same pan, score-side down, until the squid
begins to curl. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan. Add the spring onions,
tomatoes, garlic, chilli and ginger to the hot pan. Season well, remove
from the heat after 30 seconds and set aside.
Add the fish stock to the hot pan. Bring to the boil and reduce by half.
While the stock is reducing, place the linefish onto the serving plate and top
with some of the squid.
Add the cooked vegetables to the boiling stock followed by the mushrooms
and stir for 15 seconds. Add the fresh herbs, adjust the seasoning and spoon
over the linefish and squid.