Mackerel, tomato and mustard tartPrint Recipe
- 1 x 400g packet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 250g smoked mackerel fillets
- 5ml (1 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- 60ml (¼ cup) crème fraîche
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander or
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured work surface and score a line on all four sides to form a 2,5cm edge.
Prick all over the centre of the pastry with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, remove the skin from the mackerel and break the fish into small chunks.
Mix the mustard and crème fraîchetogether in a small bowl.
Remove the pastry from the oven and push back the centre with the back of a fork. Brush the pastry edge with beaten egg and spread the crème fraîche mixture over the centre of the pastry. Scatter the mackerel, tomatoes and coriander or parsley on top and season.
Return the tart to the oven and bake until bubbling, about 12 – 15 minutes.