The sweet fruitiness of the mango is a refreshing addition to the savoury meat and fiery chilli. It is delicious as an informal starter or even as a light lunch.
Mango, coriander chicken and chilli crouton salad with a mango and apple vinaigrette
- 1 baguette, cut into 20 thin rounds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) chilli flakes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) sweet chilli sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Granny Smith apples, roughly diced
- 2 mangoes, roughly diced
- 80ml (¾ cup) mango juice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 5ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) spring onion, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
For the salad, combine the baguette rounds, garlic and chilli together. Drizzle with the oil and place on an oven tray. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Combine with the coriander and sweet chilli sauce and season. Stir in the apples and mangoes.
For the dressing, place all of the ingredients in a sealable jar. Shake until well combined.
Toss the croutons into the chicken mix just before serving. Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy immediately.