This dish is simple to prepare, light on the stomach, and a favourite starter at the lodge.
Marinated melon with parma ham, roasted macadamias and fresh mint
- MARINATED MELON
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 5ml Dijon mustard
- 50ml fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ green melon, finely sliced
- ½ orange melon, finely sliced
- PARMA HAM
- 300g Parma ham, sliced
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 50g macadamia nuts, roasted and crushed
- 100ml balsamic vinegar, reduced to a thick syrup of 20ml
- fresh mint, to garnish
Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, mint, salt and pepper together.
Pour the dressing over the melon slices and marinate for 10 minutes.
Overlap 3 slices of Parma ham onto each other.
Place the salad leaves in the middle of the Parma ham strip and roll the ham around the salad to form a “cigar”.
To assemble, arrange the melon slices on a plate and place the Parma roll on top. Sprinkle macadamias around the Parma ham roll and drizzle some balsamic reduction over the salad leaves. Garnish with mint and serve immediately.