TO DRINK: Signal Hill Grenache Blanc, with subtle floral and savoury scents.
Mediterranean couscous with chorizo, avocado and onion salad
- 250ml (1 cup) couscous
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 250ml (1 cup) olives, pitted and sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) capers or caper berries
- lemon juice, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- ouzo, to serve (optional)
Place the couscous and boiling water in a bowl. Cover with plastic and leave to stand for 10 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Stir in the peppers, olives, feta and coriander and season.
Combine all the salad ingredients.
Dry-fry the chorizo slices in a griddle pan until brown on both sides.
Serve the chorizo with the couscous and salad and a glass of ouzo (optional).