TO DRINK: A fresh sauvignon blanc, such as Durbanville Hills, will match the dressing’s acidity yet enhance the salad’s flavours.
Mediterranean quinoa salad
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- a pinch of salt
- 250ml (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 red spring onions, chopped
- 250g Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 50ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 50ml fresh coriander, chopped
- a handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- a small bunch of watercress, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 60ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 150g black olives, pitted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring the water and salt to the boil and add the quinoa. Cover and simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
Spoon the quinoa into a bowl and add the garlic, spring onion, tomatoes, cucumber and herbs. Mix to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the dressing, pour the lemon juice and olive oil into a mixing bowl and combine. Add the feta and olives, and toss to mix well with the olive oil mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes.
Spoon the quinoa salad into a serving dish, toss through the dressing and serve.