TO DRINK: Because of its acid, Sauvignon Blanc is one of the few wines that pairs well with zingy, tomato-based dishes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 150g green beans, chopped
- 1 x 410g tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1,5L water
- fresh crusty bread, to serve++
Heat the oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, chilli flakes, rosemary and season. Cook until the onion turns lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, potato, beans and water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
Adjust the seasoning before ladling into serving bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.