To drink: Newton Johnson White 2008 has an appealing saltiness that should be the perfect match here.
Mixed lettuce, avocado and seaweed salad
- 60ml (¼ cup) soy sauce
- 60ml (¼ cup) rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white sesame seeds
- 125ml (½ cup) grapeseed or sunflower oil
- ¼ onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 30ml (2 tbsp) wakame (dried seaweed)
- 100g – 140g mixed lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
For the dressing, blend all the ingredients in a food processor and set aside.
Soak the wakame in cold water for 5 – 7 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and top with the wakame and avocado.
Drizzle with the dressing, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve.