TO DRINK: Solms-Delta Hiervandaan 2007, a full-bodied southern Rhoneinspired blend of Shiraz, Mourvedre, Grenache, Carignan and Viognier.
Mixed mushroom and pepper stroganoff
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 800g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) dry white wine
- 250g crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion, garlic and anchovy for a few minutes.
Add the peppers and mushrooms and cook until the water has evaporated. Stir in the wine and cook through.
Add the crème fraîche, season and sprinkle with the parsley.