Mixed mushrooms and ginger stir-fry is wonderfully flavourful and also a healthy dinner! The sauce gives a kick to the earthy mushrooms, which are delicious with slightly spicy ginger. A great and wholesome dinner or lunch.
Mixed mushrooms and ginger stir-fry
- 10ml (2 tsp) peanut oil
- ½ red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 100g (½ cup) broccoli florets
- 200g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 15ml (1 tbsp) rice wine vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) rice wine
- 10ml (2 tsp) low-salt soy sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) tomato purée
- 5ml (1 tsp) cornflour, blended to a paste with a little water
- cooked egg noodles, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. When hot, add the pepper, carrot and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, spring onions, garlic and ginger, and continue to stirfry over high heat until the vegetables are golden, about 3 – 4 minutes.
Mix together the stock, vinegar, wine, soy sauce, tomato purée and cornflour. Add to the mushroom mixture and bring to a boil. As soon as the sauce has boiled and thickened, remove from the heat and serve hot with the egg noodles.