Finally, a green salad that’s more than just a few leaves of lettuce! This mouth-watering green salad is a cornucopia of delicious wholesomeness. It’s healthy, bursting with flavours, and very filling. Perfect for a nutritious lunch.
Mouth-watering green salad
- 250g French green beans
- 250g mange tout
- 250g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) mustard seeds
- 5ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds, pounded in a pestle and mortar
- mixed micro leaves
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 fresh chilli, crushed and chopped
- drained cannellini beans (optional)
- tinned tuna (optional)
Blanch French green beans for 4 minutes then plunge into ice water to refresh.
Do the same with the mange tout but only for 1 minute and then into the iced water.
Then do the same for the fresh or frozen green peas but just for 20 seconds (the water must be boiling) then into the iced water.
Dry the veggies and place in a large bowl.
Heat the oil in a pan, toss in mustard and coriander seeds. As soon as they 'pop', remove pan from heat and toss this oil and seed mixture over the beans and peas.
Gently mix in the baby leaves.
Toss in the onion, lemon zest, tarragon, garlic and chilli mixture.
Add beans and/or tuna if desired.