Mushroom and ricotta bruschetta
- 8 slices ciabatta
- 8 large brown mushrooms
- 20ml (4 tsp) olive/avocado oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g fresh ricotta
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Brush the bread and mushrooms with the oil. Heat a griddle pan to hot and cook both the bread and mushrooms for about 2 minutes on each side.
Rub each bread slice with the garlic, place on a serving plate, top with the mushrooms and season.
Mix together the ricotta and parsley and spread over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and extra oil and serve with the lemon wedges.