Serve this when you have friends coming over!
Recipe and styling by Anna Montali
Photograph by Vanessa Lewis
- 45ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) brandy
- 30ml (2 tbsp) crème fraîche
- 30ml (2 tbsp) cake flour
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh thyme, plus extra to garnish
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh brown bread, toasted, to serve
Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and cook until the onions and mushrooms are soft, for about 8 minutes.
In a bowl, beat the brandy and crème fraÎche together. 3 Stir the flour and thyme into the mushroom mixture until well combined. Stir in the brandy mixture and bring the mixture to a boil. Season and remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl, allow to cool and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of a food processor and blend until you have a smooth pâté.
Spoon the pâté into ramekins, top with the extra thyme and serve with the toast, sliced into soldiers.